Our sister church
St. Botolph’s shares its Rector with the beautiful church of St. Vedast-Alias-Foster in Foster Lane EC2. This smaller church is located at the opposite end of the City of London, but joint programmes and ceremonies are frequently held.
St. Vedast, with its unusual steeple and adjoining small, secluded courtyard was rebuilt by Sir Christopher Wren after the Great Fire in 1666. It was, unfortunately, gutted again during the Blitz. The post-war restoration was undertaken by Stephen Dykes Bower and he remained faithful to Wren's original conception whilst also collecting fittings dispersed from other Wren City churches to replace those that had been sadly lost.